Wednesday, October 8, 2008

I'm a Ma'am!

Yesterday was a wonderful day! My coworker Heather and I took a half day of vacation and went shopping in Atlanta! We didn't buy much, but it was fun looking and having some girl time! I also got to step foot into Sephora for the very first time. I squealed out loud! It was wonderful. It was like the Holy Land for Make-Up! I also wore my very favorite outfit yesterday, and it reminded me of a story that I just had to tell you!

I have always looked very young for my age. In fact, when I was a middle school teacher I was often mistaken for a kid. However, as I begin to approach 30 I am definitely starting to look more my age. Stupid fine lines!

Last Fall, I had an alumni event that I attended at The University of Georgia. It was a back in the classroom day where we took fun mini classes and were able to visit with our old classmates and professors. I was enjoying myself so much! I had on my very favorite outfit, and I was feeling so young being back on campus and part of the college scene again. I mean, I was even having a good hair and make-up day! I was pretty sure I blended in and just looked like one of the college kids-A better dressed version of a college kid, but still a college kid.

At lunch time, we ate in one of the new dining halls on campus. As I was getting my drink, I thought I heard someone say something to me, so I turned around and looked over my shoulder. I guess I must have had a puzzled look on my face because a young man (who was a real college student eating in the dining hall) came up to me and asked, "Do you need any help ma'am?". Ma'am! My ego was deflated. Here I was thinking I looked like a college kid, and all along I looked like a ma'am! Of course, I thought it was funny, but I did put on a little extra anti-aging moisturizer that night!

2 comments:

LyndsAU said...

That's hilarious! :) I hate being called ma'am! Hate it! I work at a college so I am called that all the dang time-ha!

Anonymous said...

I just laugh at all of your blogs. You have not changed a bit. I guess as I approached 30 something(this week I will be 31):-(, I have gotten used to being called ma'am. I do not like it, but I like better than Miss Amanda. I hate that one.