Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Happy Birthday Big Sister!

God blessed me with two sisters! The older I get the more I realize how lucky I am to have sisters to talk to, giggle with, and lean on. I am so grateful for the bond and friendship that I have with my two sisters! They are two of my very best friends!

Today is my oldest sister's (Denise) birthday! To celebrate her birthday, I was going to scan in some old, goofy pictures of her and post them on my blog. However, I think she might get mad at me if I did do that, so I decided against it. My other sister, Kelly, is going to be very disappointed. Sorry Kelly!

Instead of embarrassing photos, I will share a funny story instead. This story takes place when Denise was in her first or second year of college. She was taking some sort of religion or history course, and while studying she had fallen asleep on the couch. I wanted to borrow a shirt from her, so I woke her up and asked, "Denise, can I borrow your blue shirt for school tomorrow?". Her answer, "Everyone has their own holy place." What? So I ask again, "Denise, can I borrow your shirt?" At this point, Denise launches into a full out discussion about different religions and their beliefs and meeting places. I and my other family members that happened to be in the living room at the same time finally realized that Denise was still asleep and we burst out laughing. The laughing woke her from her sleep. She let me borrow her shirt, and I learned a little bit about a few different religions!

Happy Birthday Denise! Thank you for being my sister and my friend! I hope you have a birthday that is as wonderful as you are!

5 comments:

Lindsey said...

Aw what a sweet post, happy birthday to your sister!

SouthernBelleJM said...

That's such a cute story! Those are the things that make me wish I wasn't an only child!!!! Happy Birthday Denise=)

Anonymous said...

Jen, tell D happy birthday for me. You do have some of the sweetest sisters. Hope that you are doing good.

BLC :o said...

Happy Birthday to your sissy! Xoxo-BLC

Kelli said...

Oh that's too funny! Happy Birthday to your sister! It's not too often that I find someone else that shares my bday! :)