Friday, March 12, 2010

Pottery Barn Inspiration

I (and several friends) are hosting a baby shower at my home next weekend. I am so excited about the shower. My sweet friend is having a girl and has chosen the Brooke bedding from Pottery Barn Kids. The bedding is so cute with trees and birds and cute little owls. Wanting to stick with the theme of the nursery, we decided on a bird theme for the shower.

While searching for shower ideas on the internet, I found the cutest arrangement using speckled eggs from Pottery Barn. I thought it would be perfect for the baby shower and also cute as regular home decor. The price wasn't too bad, so I thought I would splurge a little and order them. However, the bad news struck when I realized that the product I loved was not available until April. (Pottery Barn arrangement pictured below.)

The larger eggs are $14 for a set of 8. The smaller eggs are $14 for a set of 12. The vases vary in size and come in medium for $29, large for$39, and extra large for $59. You can find them here.

The search began for a suitable replacement. I searched the internet, Hobby Lobby, Michaels and Wal-Mart, but never found what I was looking for. On my way home from work yesterday, I decided to run in Pier One and I hit the jackpot. Here is what I created.

It's not exactly like the ones from Pottery Barn, but I still think that they are cute and absolutely perfect for the baby shower. I was also able to save some money. The carton of 12 multi-colored decorative speckled eggs was $7.95. The small hurricane was $8, and the larger hurricane was $12. I think I am going to use these to help decorate the drink table. I also thought about using a decorative bird house or bird cage as part of the decor.

Stay tuned to see other creations for the baby shower. I am currently working on a wish tree centerpiece. I am keeping my fingers crossed that I am crafty enough to pull it off! :)

17 comments:

Rachel H. said...

Very cute...can't wait to see all the pictures after the shower! :)

Heather (Live.Love.Laugh.) said...

These are really cute!!

Gleatie said...

Super cute!! You will definitely be able to use those again too! Well done! :)

Caroline said...

Really cute! I think your's look better!

Brown Girl said...

Oh, that's really cute. I like your hurricanes a lot better!

Jules said...

That looks great! You've had so many cute craft ideas lately. Definitely take some pics at the shower.

Have a great weekend!

Kelsey Claire said...

That looks fabulous. Very springy and baby showerish all at once. Love it!

Anonymous said...

I love those! You can never go wrong with pottery barn. Hope your having a great day girl! xoxo

BLC :o said...

Oh la la!!! That is just the perfect festive arrangement for springtime!!!! Xoxo-BLC

JMay said...

Awesome! Make sure you post the pics :-)

Pottery Barn is always a good one to take inspiration from!

Blair @ Reasonably Swanky said...

So pretty!

What's New with Mrs.T said...

Its going to be a great shower!

Naturally Caffeinated Family said...

very cute, you did a great job!

Miss Jody said...

Hi there girl!

You won my giveaway!

So e-mail me a picture you'd like to use :)

jtruearmywife@yahoo.com

I bet your shower was alot of fun! Very cute!!

Kristie said...

Pottery Barn is divine..

Blessings,
Kristie

Jill said...

I have both those sets of eggs and I got them in a store weeks ago.... did you check a local store? I love them, by the way... Espeically the cute little blue ones.

maid marian said...

These are really cute. I borrowed the idea. Thanks!!!