Recently I came across a wonderful article in the October 2009 issue of ShopSmart magazine (from Consumer Reports) that tested different eye creams. I loved the article, so I thought I would share its highlights with you. I haven't tried any of the products, but they are definitely on my shopping list!
Out of the 16 creams they tested, they deemed 4 of them "worth a try". They are listed below.
- L'Oreal Paris Dermo-Expertise Revitalift Double Lifting Eye Cream-Price $40-Available at www.chemistdirect.com.au
- Nivea Visage Anti-Rides Q10 Plus Soin Contour De L'oiel Avec Filtres UVA/UVB-Price $34-Available at www.amazon.co.uk
- Dr. Brandt Lineless Eye Cream-Price $60-Available at Sephora, sephora.com, and www.drbrandtskincare.com
- Olay Total Effects 7-In-1 Anti-Aging Booster Eye Transforming Cream-Price $20-Available at Drugstores, supermarkets, discount stores, and on-line
- Use a daily moisturizer with at least 30 SPF.
- Shield your face with a hat and sunglasses when outdoors.
- No tanning beds.
- Don't smoke.
- Try not to rub your eyes.
- Sleep on your back.
- Get an annual eye exam. If your vision is weak, you are more likely to squint.