Tuesday, February 10, 2009
Be My Valentine!
My husband and I decided not to buy each other gifts for Valentine's Day since we are trying to stick to a budget. Instead we are celebrating by going to dinner and spending quality time together. It doesn't take money to make your special Valentine feel special! Here are a few budget friendly ideas I found! Oh, and I'm keeping it PG! You can use your imagination with the R rated gifts!
1) My husband loves chocolate covered pretzels, so I am making him gourmet chocolate covered pretzels.
2) Make chocolate covered strawberries, pair them with a bottle of champagne, and enjoy with your sweetie!
3) Pocket Full of Pink shares how to make homemade chocolate kisses on her blog!
4) Leave little love notes all over the house for him to find as he goes about his day!
5) Make a list of all the reasons you love him.
6) Surprise him with breakfast in bed.
7) Plan a surprise trip to a local zoo, park, or museum.
8) Go for a drive together.
9) Start a savings account that is designated for trips or other special activities that you would like to take or do together.
10) Give your sweetheart homemade love coupons that they can redeem for back massages, etc....
11) Rent a romantic movie, cuddle on the couch, and share popcorn or ice cream.
12) Make a scrapbook full of your favorite pictures and mementos from your relationship.
13) If you don't have time to make a scrapbook, give him a box full of pictures and mementos. Go through the box together and relive good memories!
14) Make him a C.D. of his favorite music!
15) Frame your favorite picture of the two of you and give it to him to put on his desk at work. Hide a little love note between the picture and the back of the frame to tell him about later.
16) If it's cold, cuddle in front of the fire and roast marshmallows.
17) Have fun cooking a romantic dinner together!
18) If it is warm weather, go on a picnic. If it's chilly, have an indoor picnic!
19) Share your favorite bottle of wine! You can pair it with a cheese tray and candle light for a fun Valentine's date.
20) Make a powerpoint slide show of your years together.
What are your budget friendly Valentine's Day gift ideas?
- ► 2011 (21)
- ► 2010 (64)
- Shrimp and Grits: The Easy Version
- It's Best to Wait
- Monday Edition on A Tuesday: My Favorite Things
- Weekend Re-Cap!
- The Best Giveaway Ever
- Cutting Corners Give Away
- Monday Edition: My Favorite Things
- Happy Valentine's!!!
- Be My Valentine!
- Monday Edition: My Favorite Things!
- eBay Virgin!
- A Sneak Peek into my E-mail and Give Away Reminder...
- Cutting Corners!
- Monday Edition on a Tuesday-My Favorite Things!
- Party Pictures
- ▼ February (16)