Monday, February 9, 2009

Monday Edition: My Favorite Things!

Edit: If you click on the pictures of the brooches, it will take you to the etsy store that is selling that particular brooch. Unfortunately, these brooches are a little more expensive than the $10 brooch that I found and purchased. Sorry! I really wasn't looking at price when I went hunting for pictures! I still think two of them are very reasonably priced though! One is a little more than I would pay, but I would certainly buy it if I wanted to splurge a little! :) I will try to find a few $10 brooches to add to the post!

Here are a few links to some precious $10.00 and under brooches!
I hope that everyone had a wonderful weekend! My weekend was great! It was absolutely beautiful here in Georgia, so I spent the majority of my weekend outside! I had so much fun walking with my dogs, visiting a local zoo, and playing basketball with Michael. Okay, so I really don't "play" basketball. I just throw the ball at the hoop and laugh when I don't make it!

As far as my favorite things go, I am excited to share with you a new discovery. Many of you probably already know how much I love brooches. Brooches aren't just for little old ladies! They have become a popular accessory-much like the scarf! I have always loved wearing brooches to add just the right touch to a plain jacket, sweater, or blazer. In fact, if you look at the picture in this post you will notice that I dressed up a plain black dress and jacket with a brooch that I purchased at Ann Taylor Loft.

On occasion, I purchase newly made broaches, but I adore buying vintage brooches. This weekend, I discovered that Elsy has a huge selection of vintage brooches at low prices! Most of the brooches I found were selling for only $10. How amazing is that! Here's a sneak peek at the beautiful brooches your can find!




18 comments:

Lindsey said...

These are so cute! You're so classy and fashionable!

Mrs. Cup said...

I love them too! My mom gave me a TON that used to belong to my great-grandmother. I don't wear them as much as I should, but you've inspired me!

Southern Belle said...

Those are so cute! Brooches are definitely a way to give your outfit some color. Thanks for your comment about my post last week!

Southern Bride To Be said...

That first one is LOVELY and so classy!!

SassyEngineer said...

I also love brooches! My grandmother didn't wear too much jewelry, but she did wear brooches so my mom gave them to me after she passed away. I love wearing them, and they remind me of her!

Ms. Attitude said...

I love brooches and scarves! Those are beautiful!

Preppy 101 said...

Love that third one especially!!

Kayla said...

Don't know how I came across your blog but I'm so glad I did!! SO CUTE!

This may sound odd, but I LOVE LOVE LOVE old jewelry. Flea markets are the BEST place to find old, beautiful brooches! You seriously need to check some out :)

pocket full of pink said...

Choc covered pretzels are a great idea!!! And those are ADORABLE!

Rachel H. said...

Those are BEAUTIFUL! I love brooches!

Miss JC said...

I think brooches are freakin' fantastic! I love your pics!

Piper Jacquelyn said...

Oh I love brooches! SO classy. I love their sparkle - they make me think of "Old Money" ha!

Amanda said...

I'm with ya, I love brooches. They are the perfect, simple and unexpected touch!

Southern Belle said...

I left you something on my blog:)

Jules said...

I agree. Brooches can totally make an outfit. You found some great one's. I'll have to check that out.
I love the one you're wearing in the pic!

mrs.cupcake said...

Those are so pretty, are you willing to share the Etsy that you purchased from? I love the white diamondy one, it looks like a tear drop.

A Cincy Mama said...

I love, LOVE etsy. And I love visiting your blog. A guaranteed smile!

Jennifer said...

LOVE!!!!! You have wonderful style!