Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Monday Edition (on Tuesday because of Labor Day): My Favorite Things

Sorry for being a day late. My computer was being a little cranky, so I had to wait until today for my Monday Edition! I hope everyone had a wonderful long weekend. My weekend was great. It was a bit busy though! UGA opened their season with a win against Georgia Southern. Of course, we had to tailgate and attend the game! The Bulldog Nation also got to meet Uga VII. He is absolutely adorable. I just want to hug him! Although football games are fun, the highlight of my weekend was the 80's Prom. A friend hosted an 80s prom on Sunday night. It was perfect! There was a professional photographer with an 80s prom picture background, a fully decorated dance floor, and a punch fountain! It was amazing! I promise to share pictures with you later!

I have a dirty little secret! I don't know how to change a tire! I know, I know! Everyone should know how to change a tire! Well I don't know how, and I probably won't learn any time soon! If you knew how clumsy I was, you would probably think that this was a good idea. Keeping me away from jacks and tire irons is definitely ideal! For everyone that doesn't know how to change a tire, I suggest keeping a can of Fix-A-Flat in your car. Fix-A-Flat seals the leak in your tire allowing you to pump it up and drive safely to your destination or nearest tire repair place. It is truly a wonderful product. I must warn you-tire repair places will charge you an extra fee for repairing your tire because they have to strip out the Fix-A-Flat product, but I think the fee is totally worth it!

Just the other day I was getting gas when I heard a woman on her cell phone distressed because she had a flat tire. She was about 60 miles from home, and she couldn't get in touch with her husband. Fix-A-Flat to the rescue! I grabbed the can of Fix-A-Flat out of my car, and we used it to seal the leak and then pumped up her tire. She was very grateful, and I was very happy that I could help! Now I realize that Fix-A-Flat can't solve every flat tire issue, so I am sure you are wondering what I would do in that situation. I would call my husband, family member or friend. Can't get in touch with anyone? I would call 911. They will send someone to help you. Hopefully if you are a single gal it will be a hunky single patrol man! :)
Side Note: The can of Fix-A-Flat can explode if it gets too hot. You know-the whole contents under pressure warning. I have never had this happen to me, and I have had Fix-A-Flat in my car during the middle of a hot Georgia summer. However, I did see a picture on the Internet where a girl had this happen to her, so I though I should warn you.

No comments: