Monday, March 23, 2009

True Love and Small Feet

Eight years ago today, Michael (my husband) and I had our very first date! How did we meet? On a blind date! Well, it was kind of a blind date. Here's our story-

When I was a student at UGA, I worked in the Office of Alumni Relations. One day Michael (also a student at UGA) came in to visit with the Administrative Assistant in the office (Mrs. Denise) because Michael and her daughter had gone to high school together. When Michael left, I asked Mrs. Denise who he was. I was just being nosy, but a light went off in Mrs. Denise's head. She quickly dragged Michael back into the office and introduced us. I was so embarrassed that I almost crawled under the desk. The next day Mrs. Denise came into work telling me that Michael thought I was cute and would love to call me and ask me on a date. Mrs. Denise was also telling Michael that I thought he was cute and that he should ask me for a date. Neither one of us had said a thing about each other. Mrs. Denise was just playing cupid. Michael finally called me, and we ended up talking for an hour on the phone. We quickly followed up our amazing phone call with our first date. I consider it a blind date since Michael and I had seen each other for all of 30 seconds prior to our date. It only took a few weeks before I was completely in love with Michael, and I love him more and more every day!

And since that story is just a little mushy, here is a funny story for you-
Yesterday Michael looked so cute that I just couldn't help but giving him a huge bear hug. I topped the hug with a kiss and an "I love you!" Of course, he told me that he loved me too, so being in a silly mood I asked, "Why do you love me?" His answer, "because you are pretty, you have a wonderful sense of humor, you're smart, and you have small feet." Small feet? Well, I guess our relationship is secure as long as my feet don't grow! :)

Here's the picture I promised. It is the first picture Michael and I ever took together. We look like babies. He was 19, and I was 21.

12 comments:

Lindsey said...

Awww so sweet!!!

Jane said...

what a cute story! definitely fate if you ask me!

Niki said...

How sweet! What a cute story;)

Jenny said...

You went to UGA? I have several friends who graduated from there as well! YAY! :) haha

Megan said...

How cute that he likes (LOVES!) your small feet..hehe. Cute story!

Emily said...

Aww I love this story! My parents met on a blind date too, and have been happily married for 40 plus years, so blind dates must be where it's at!

Tara said...

Such a cute story!

jlc said...

Awwwww!!!


UGA huh?? What year?

Anonymous said...

What an adorable story! :)

Anonymous said...

Very cute story! Very similar to me and my hubby! :) But SMALL FEET? :D How funny is that? Love it! Thanks for sharing!

Sassy Engineer said...

So sweet and funny! I guess you don't ever have to worry about your husband falling for me - I have huge feet! (not that he would, you know what I mean!)

Unknown said...

That is a sweet story. Guess it's a good thing he approved of your feet:)