I thought about a red carpet theme where everyone comes dresses as their favorite actor or movie character. I also thought about a Roaring 20s theme, but I thought the costumes might be a little hard to come by. I have even considered a Mardi Gras theme. What do you think? Any ideas?
While I am at it, I will share my 80's party with you! For my 80's party, everyone came dressed in 80's attire. We had a house full of people! There were over 40 people that came! It was so wonderful to be surrounded by so many friends on my birthday! The 80's party also included:
- Capri Suns injected with alcohol. (also had beer and wine)
- All 80's music.
- Decorated with 80's posters-Top Gun, Ghost Busters, The Goonies, and The Breakfast Club.
- Party favors: slap bracelets, pop rocks, neon sunglasses, stacking point pencils, and jelly bracelets
- Food: Combos, Cool Ranch Doritos, a cracker, meat, and cheese tray (reminiscent of Lunchables), and then just normal party food.
- 80's movies playing in the background.
- Mario Brothers and Miss Pac Man available for playing.
- The Cake: The cake had a picture of the Saved By The Bell cast with my head on Kelly's body.
- There was also a Mr. T cardboard cut out.
- I also had a picture area with props.
Like I said, it was a little out of control, but it was so much fun! Oh, and I realize I went a little into the early 90's, but it was all in good fun! Here are a few photos.
This picture is of me and my husband, Michael. Michael went for the Miami Vice look.
This picture below is of me and my friend, Claibourne. We are proudly posing with our alcohol injected Capri Suns.
Below is a picture taken in the picture area with props. Pictured here is Erin, Ali, and me. By the way, my friend, Mary Ann, did my hair that night. My hair is naturally very, very straight, so it was amazing that she made it look like I had a spiral perm!
Below is my Saved By The Bell cake. I am a huge Save By The Bell fan. I watch it every morning.
Here is a closer look at the photo my friend, Heather, photoshopped for me to put on the cake.