Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Inauguration Day

Well, It's Jan. 20th-Inauguration Day! And why, you may ask, do we care so much about Inauguration Day? That's an easy answer-for the dresses-of course. Yahoo has a picture gallery of inaugural ball gowns beginning with Taft. You can view it here. It is so neat to go back in time and look at all the wonderful dresses! I hope you enjoy.

Also, I realize Inauguration Day is about more than just the dresses. I was only kidding about that part-well kind of kidding! It's a changing of power. It's a celebration. It is a welcome as well as a farewell. No matter who you voted for or your party affiliation, don't forget that the President and all the leaders of our Nation need your prayers. Pray that they are led to do what is best for our country.

Oh, and I almost forgot! I found this article on how they move the Presidents in and out of the White House. I thought it was interesting, but I'm kind of a nerd like that!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so excited to see everything today! (dresses included!)

amy (metz) walker said...

Headed to check out that article...I agree, inaugurations make for great dresses!