Friday, August 22, 2008

Sometimes People Just Suck!

Well, I'm back! You probably didn't even realize I was gone, but I was! I was on vacation again. This time I was in Hilton Head. Hilton Head is nice, but not my idea of the perfect vacation spot. I prefer a less populated beach. The fewer people that see me in my bathing suit-the better! However, we don't go to Hilton Head for vacation. We go to spend time with my husband's grandparents (and aunts, uncles, and cousins). They live in West Virginia, but they vacation in Hilton Head every year. It is so nice being able to spend time with them, especially since we only see them once a year. Michael and I are hoping to get up to West Virginia for a visit this year though. I have never been to W.V., but I hear it is beautiful!

With me just returning from a wonderful trip from Hilton Head, I am sure you are puzzled by the title of my post. Well while we were gone from Hilton Head someone stole the rocking chairs off my front porch. The rocking chairs were special to me because they were an anniversary gift (first wedding anniversary) from my wonderful husband. They were even the nice Cracker Barrel rocking chairs. My poor front porch looks so lonely now. To add insult to injury, they even ran over and broke our newly planted hedges. Shame on them!

I am so thankful that they didn't break into our house, but I am still mad about the rocking chairs. We are assuming that it was college kids since they happened to be moving back into town last week. I am still scouring the neighborhoods in our area for our rocking chairs. God help the person who has my rocking chairs if I happen to find them. I don't get mad often, but I am nothing but piss and vinegar when I do get mad! For those of you who didn't understand that last sentence, I am not so fun to deal with when I do get mad. I am not a fighter, but I am a yeller and a police caller!

I don't think we will ever find our chairs. My only hope is that my rocking chairs came with a curse. To the rocking chair thieves-may your butt grow so large that you are never able to sit in the rocking chairs!

On a happier note, I am in the planning stages of creating a web-site to sell my jewelry! I will let you know when I get everything up and running! I am really excited! I feel like God has really opened some doors for my jewelry making to become a small business for me. I also will post a few vacation photos soon. I didn't take many, but I do have a few cute ones of Scout, my cocker spaniel. We took her to the beach with us because she is a little too high maintenance to stay with the dog sitter. She had a great time, and she even swam in the pool a little. It was hilarious! I will tell you all about it later! I have to run for now. Have a wonderful weekend!

No comments: