Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Two Years and Counting!!!!

Two years ago today I married my very best friend! That's right folks-I not only conned some poor sap into marrying me, but I have also convinced him to put up with me for two whole years! :) I hope he will keep me around a lot longer! I am sort of attached to him!

All kidding aside! I feel so lucky and grateful that God blessed me with such a wonderful husband, companion, partner, and friend. To celebrate, I thought I would share some pictures with you!The picture above was taken right after the ceremony. We were so happy that we grinned like goons in most of the photos. Needless to say, the majority of our photos are goon photos and not fit to be shown to the rest of the world.

For our honeymoon we went to St. Lucia and stayed at the Jalousie Plantation near the town of Soufriere. Jalousie Plantation is a more laid back all inclusive resort. It was so perfect. Below are a few photos from the honeymoon.

The above picture is Michael and I at Cafe Bang! We had a wonderful meal with a great show! The show consisted of fire eaters, dancers, and such. Very entertaining! The restaurant also has an incredible view! Side note: If you do go to St. Lucia, you have to visit Ladera. It is a resort near the top of the Pitons. The view from there is breathe taking! Ladera also has a great restaurant. The sugar cane steak is to die for!


The picture above is of the town of Soufriere! The scenery is just so beautiful in St. Lucia!

The picture above is a picture of the beach at the our resort. It isn't a very good picture because it doesn't accurately capture the beauty of the beach and surroundings. You can see one of the Pitons in the right side of the picture.

This weekend we went on a rafting trip to celebrate our anniversary. Tonight we will go for something a little more romantic, and we will celebrate our marriage at a quaint little restaurant. Here's to two years of happy marriage and hopefully many, many more!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY Anniversary:) I know how it is to marry your best friend and I wish you all the best in your many more anniversaries!! Have fun tonight:)

A Cincy Mama said...

Happy Anniversary!

Terri said...

Happy Anniversary! Remember the all the plotting that it took these guys to finally "get it?" It seems like forever ago! Now, John wonders what took him so long & I know Michael does too!

Gincy said...

A little late..but HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!! You too are so cute together!!