Friday, June 5, 2009

A Couple Of Pink Plastic Visitors

Two pink plastic flamingo beauties (very similar to the ones pictured) arrived at my door step yesterday. I am sure you are asking why I am the proud owner of two plastic flamingos. Did my tendency to be a little tacky finally take over? Did I move to South Florida? Do I like my yard just a little on the trashy side? Well, the answer is no to all those questions! Michael and I are hosting a luau on Saturday, and everyone knows you can't have a luau without a few flamingos!!!! We are looking forward to an evening filled with close friends, grilled meat, tiki torches, and of course fruity umbrella drinks!!!!! I promise to take lots of pictures and share party details with you later. Have a wonderful weekend!!!!

13 comments:

Whitney said...

So fun! You gotta bring out the inner South Florida in you every once in a while! Ha!

jlc said...

thanks for the wishes!! and ohhhh this reminds me of a snapple fun fact!

do you know that flamingos are only pink cause they eat shrimp!


(yes im a dork and write comments like this...)

Tara said...

Sounds like so much fun!!!

BLC :o said...

Hehe, too cute! I looooooove flamingos. Xoxo-BLC

Anonymous said...

Oh, sounds like so much fun!!! Have a wonderful time and take lots of pics!! Love any animal especially if it's PINK!! :)

Gracie Beth said...

I keep wanting to put pink flamingos in my yard because I know my mom will go ballistic!

Jennifer said...

Haha how fun! Can't wait to hear about the party!

Miss Jody said...

Sounds like fun :)
Have a great party with your friends!

littlesack said...

sounds like fun, and everyone loves those flamingos!

Gleatie said...

Those are FUN! I love the services where you can send them for over the hill birthdays! I always laugh when I see them in other people's yards!

Katy said...

My youth group would flamingo people's yards for a fundraiser. For like $10 we would plop a bunch in some random person's yard in the middle of the night and they'd wake up to flamingos and a note saying "you've been flamingoed" and then we'd pick them up that afternoon.

Surprisingly, we made a lot of money off it.

Dallas Anne said...

Haha! When my aunt turned 40, my mom and uncle bought forty plastic flamingoes and snuck over to her house at night and using only flashlights spelled out "40" in her front yard using them! They got her back on her 40th though by painting her car...which I had to drive to school...

Q, La, and Gooner said...

That sounds like a blast! I just stopped by your blog and was worried when I began reading! ha.