Wednesday, June 25, 2008

It's the End of the World as We Know It

Let me start my blog by saying that I am a Christian. I don't want anyone to get the wrong idea from what I am about to say. I am just trying to lighten the mood on a serious subject. It's how I roll. I am funny and sarcastic at all the wrong times.

Since the beginning of time people have tried to predict the end of the world. I remember vividly when I was in the sixth grade, I was at my grandmother's house picking figs (to make jam) and my grandmother predicted that the end of the world would come soon. Her dooms day prediction came because of the beginning of Desert Storm.

Recently, I have heard many dooms day predictions that revolve around the war in Iraq, the economic situation of The United States, and the fact Obama is most certainly the anti-christ. Please remember that this is not my opinion-only things that I have heard. I do not think Obama is the anti-christ. I'm not voting for him, but I'm not willing to give him the title of anti-christ either.

Returning back to my topic, there will most certainly be a day when the world ends and Jesus makes his return. However, no one knows the day or the time, so I am not sure why we get caught up in trying to predict it. If the end of the world is right around the corner, I think that there are clearer signs other than war and poverty. Below are my list of signs that the end time is near!
  • New Kids On The Block are making a somewhat successful return.
  • Crocs are viewed as acceptable foot wear.
  • The fact that truck nuts not only exist, but people choose to put them on their vehicles.
  • Hammer pants are making a comeback. (I have not witnessed this myself, but I saw it in a magazine while I was getting a pedicure.)
  • High School Musical
  • High School Musical 2
  • High School Musical 3
  • The stage production of High School Musical
  • High School Musical-On Ice!
  • Miley Cyrus, daughter of Billy Ray Cyrus (singer of Achy Breaky Heart) has a hit on the radio.
  • The Broadway Version of Legally Blonde (Loved the movies-a stage version is a little much)
  • Celebrities find it acceptable to name their children stupid things. (Examples: Apple, CoCo, Honor)
  • Popped collars and other 80's fashions making their way back into society
  • Out of control cell phone usage (I paid $732 to go to a movie, turn your stupid cell phone off.)
  • And if the anti-christ is living among us, I'm pretty sure it is Jessica Simpson.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lovce it...You just know how to make everyones day...I am so glad that NKOTB are making a come back!

Gincy said...

You are hilarious!!!:) Thanks for a good laugh!