Thursday, May 21, 2009

Birds and Babies!

I love this time of year! It's the time of year when the sweet mommy bird and daddy bird build a nest on the top of one of my front porch columns. I love watching the birds fly in and out, listening to them chatter and I love it when the baby birds hatch and grow large enough to peek their little heads over the nest.

It is hard to get a picture of the birds. They haven't figured out that I am a friend! However, I was able to snap this shot of the female bird in her nest! She has already hatched one clutch of eggs, and she is currently sitting on another!


Michael and I always name them baby birds. The last clutch consisted of Lucille, Fluffkins, and my favorite, Pimento! Who knows what names we will come up with next!

And since I have to admit that this post about my birds is a little boring, I will share with you who I am going to see this afternoon. I am going to visit my friend Katie and her new little boy, Lane. I also get to see Lane's beautiful big sister, Kara! Here's a picture of Lane that Heather (my friend/coworker/sidekick) took. You can go here to see more of her pictures! She is an amazing photographer!

Okay, so I lied! Here are two pictures of Lane! Isn't he precious!!!


13 comments:

Niki said...

He is so precious! I love the hats! Especially the one with the ears:)

Sandra said...

Those pictures are darling!! So sweet.

Anonymous said...

Awww...how cute that you have baby birds every year!! :D Love their names you gave them!! LOL And Lane has got to be the cutest little thing!!! Precious!! Love his little hats!! :D

Naturally Caffeinated Family said...

those pics are soo sweet!!!

jlc said...

Awww how cute is that!! That just put me in an automatic happy place!

:)

Lindsey said...

He is just the sweetest!!!!

Anonymous said...

Lane makes wish that Noah was that little. Umm, no! I like the sleep that he is giving me.

Ink Obsession Designs said...

We have a little bird nest at our house. I love looking in on the birdies every day.

And those pictures are SO sweet!

Gracie Beth said...

We love birds except when our neighbor's cat throws them out of the nest. That is such a sweet little baby.

Natalie at Our Old Southern House said...

beautiful!!
i love baby birds...but they always poop all over their nest. yuck.

*Pink Preppy Party Girl* said...

Beautiful and so cute.

Jules said...

The little birdie and Lane are so cute! Your photographer friend did a great job on the photos!

I love the names of the birdies from last year...too cute :)

Sassy Engineer said...

What a precious baby!