Friday, May 15, 2009

Fridays are Good for the Soul!

Yipeee! It's Friday! I love Fridays! They are still work days, but they hold the promise of the weekend!

I don't have a lot of time today. My to-do list is growing by the seconds, but I did want to pop in and apologize for not being able to comment and post like I normally do. I have also received some awards from some of my favorite bloggers that I haven't had time to post. I haven't forgot about all my fabulous blog friends, and I will be back to normal blogging standards very soon! I promise!

Before I forget, my blog friend and friend in real life, Amanda over at The Sweet Life, is hosting a giveaway and a swap! Pop on over there when you have time and sign up for both!

Speaking of Amanda, we have been friends for a very long time. She has been having fun with her scanner and posted this picture of me at my senior prom on facebook. I thought I would share. It makes me giggle!


One of my best friends, Timmy, took me to prom that year! We had so much fun! We laughed the entire night! I can't get over my hair in this picture. I was so proud of it that night because I went to the hair dresser to have it done. I thought it looked so beautiful, but it looks horrible. I was an odd looking kid with zero fashion sense. Thank goodness we grow and learn, and thank goodness for friends like Amanda and Timmy who were friends with me then and still precious friends now! Happy Friday!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think you looked very pretty! So silly! And I'm going to head over to Amanda's now! YAY for Fridays and have a blessed weekend! :)

Jennifer said...

When did you send the email? I didn't get it :(

Mrs. Realife said...

I have a prom picture of me in a long, v-neck, fuchsia (sp?), sequin dress, with my hair looking like it could take me off into space... not. hot. at. all. :)

HAPPY FRIDAY!

Swamp Sisters: 77 Day Journey said...

You go girl! I didn't get to go to my prom in HS but my husband and I went to a "make up" as we missed ours. It was really fun! TGIF!

Gracie Beth said...

I love your prom picture!

Sassy Engineer said...

I agree - Fridays are good for the soul. I get to go start prepping for tonight because our little city's music and arts festival starts tonight and traffic has to man part of the command center! It will be a long day :)

Anonymous said...

I love this picture of you. Timmy and me will always be there for you. Your wre beautiful then and are now too.

Under this Umbrella said...

Aren't prom pictures fun to take a trip down memory lane??? You have an adorable blog...I just found you through Holly. Can't wait to read more from you. I am hosting a giveaway on my blog too. Have a great weekend. :)

Jules said...

Aw, so cute! I love looking at all of the prom pics that everyone has been posting. Such a fun trip down memory lane!

Have a great weekend :)

littlesack said...

i think we were all odd looking kids at some point. mine happened in the early nighties---poofed back bangs, chubby girl, etc...

ps- is that your corsage on your arm?! B/c if so, your friend got a REALLY big one

Lindsey said...

Aww you look so cute!