Monday, May 25, 2009

Monday Edition: My Favorite Things

Happy Memorial Day! Thank you to all the service men and women out there (past and present) who have given (and are giving) so much to protect us and our freedom! It is important to remember our heroes not only today, but every day!

Memorial Day marks the unofficial beginning of summer! Last week, I began dedicating my Monday Edition to my favorite summer essentials. This week's summer essential is sure not to disappoint. Whether you have a rockin' bikini body or you tend to dread putting on a bathing suit (like me), a cute cover-up is definitely a necessity!

Here are a few of my favorites! I did a little shopping around for cover-ups, but all my favorites (except one) happen to be at Old Navy this year.

This tube dress is perfect at around $15. It's cheap, easy, cute, and comfortable! I purchased a similar one from Wal-Mart last year. I love it and even wear it around the house when I am getting dressed. Old Navy offers this one in a variety of beautiful colors!


This next cover-up is a recent purchase of mine! I found it on oldnavy.com, and I ordered it immediately. One of the beaches we like to frequent has several yummy restaurants right there at the beach. We usually play at the beach in the mornings, and then head to one of the restaurants for lunch. How perfect is this dress/cover-up for making the transition from beach to lunch dining!



When you are looking for an inexpensive cover-up, don't forget that fun summer knit dresses make great cover-ups. I would never be comfortable wearing this precious knit dress as a dress(I don't have the figure to pull it off.), but it is perfect as a cover-up.

Another favorite of mine, but at a little higher price is the cover-up below. The one pictured is by Ralph Lauren, but I have seen similar ones at the Tommy Hilfiger outlet. This cover-up is cute and extremely flattering to all body shapes.

11 comments:

Niki said...

I have had a ralph Lauren one just like the last one for the last 2 years and absolutely LOVE it! I got it at a Polo outlet so it wasn't too expensive either!!

Whitney said...

Love all of those!

New Girl on Post said...

Love the black one with the white flowerprint! I want one!

Gwen said...

I love them all!!! I just want to shop now!!! XOXO

Jules said...

Love this favorite things edition! I have that first cover-up from Old Navy in 2 different colors. I love it. It is so cute and comfy. The 2nd one that is black and white is really nice too. I'm going to have to look for that!

SouthernBelleJM said...

Love the black one with the flower. I'm getting on Old Navy right now. Tehe=)

Lindsey said...

I want all of it!

Anonymous said...

That Old Navy one is adorable!

Swamp Sisters: 77 Day Journey said...

Love all of them! Can't wait to go shopping!

Sarah said...

I love the first two!!! So cute!!!

Darci White said...

i just bought the old navy cover-up online. very cute!