Thursday, May 14, 2009

Boy Was My Face Red....

....But I don't thing he was looking at my face. Okay, I have a confession. I don't have blinds in my bedroom. Those who have read my blog for a while know that I didn't have blinds in my living room because I was saving up for plantation shutters, but I don't have blinds in my bedroom because I don't want them. Our bedroom is in the back of the house and both windows face wooded, non-inhabited lots. Who needs blinds or even wants blinds when you have such a pretty view? Well as of this morning, I do!

Getting dressed this morning, I was standing in front of the closet grabbing the pants I was going to wear for the day when I heard the dogs barking and saw movement out of the corner of my eye. I was in front of the window, so I turned my head away from the closet to look out the window. The movement I saw was a man. Yep that's right! A man was in the lot next to our house, and he had a great view of me in nothing but my panties. Eeeek!

I proceeded to grab my pants, use them to cover myself, and run into the hallway. I put on my pants in the hall, and then crawled through the bedroom on my hands and knees to get my shirt. I put my shirt on and stood up and acted like nothing happened.

Still a little mortified I text messaged my husband and told him the whole story. His reply, "I didn't realize you were an exhibitionist." I guess I did give the guy a good show. The next time I expect dollars! :)

P.S.-The guy was not a creepy peeping tom. I think he is working on developing the lot.

12 comments:

Mrs. Realife said...

OMG! This made me totally LOL!! We also have a fantastic view out the back of our windows -- I'll be more careful, though! HAHA!

Ink Obsession Designs said...

That definitely sounds like something that would happen to me!

Anonymous said...

haha. I'm totally lmao at this post. too funny!

Whitney said...

Oh my word! I know you were FREAKED OUT!

Dallas Anne said...

oooh my lord!! that is too funny!!

Anonymous said...

I would have loved to been a fly on the wall and seen your face. I am so laughing right now. Thanks for the laugh, Jen.

Meg said...

Hi sweetie! Came over from Jill's blog! Your post is hilarious and your blog is really great!

Meg said...

Hi sweetie! Came over from Jill's blog! Your post is hilarious and your blog is really great!

Jennifer said...

I think yall need blinds in every room of the house! I would be so embarrassed! Can you tell me more about what solar nails are? I am actually having to get the acrylics taken off because they are messed up beyond repair. I might want to get some other type of nail and I keep hearing people refer to solar nails.

Patty Ann said...

hee, hee I did that once in a hotel - totally forgot i was on the first floor!

d.a.r. said...

I have a laundry basket in my laundry room that I toss all of my dirty sweaty running clothes in. So, after a run, I will strip in the laundry room and then sprint upstairs to shower. Usually I have a towel or robe, but one day a couple weeks ago I did the sprint bare ass naked. I had forgotten that my front blinds were open. Hellllloooo Mr Postman!

Emily said...

Oh my goodness how embarassing! To make you feel better we have all had those moments- I changed once in my car to look over and see there was someone in the car parked beside me watching me the whole time! Thank you for the bday wishes- the cake was wonderful, almond flavored!