Friday, May 1, 2009

The Pirate Veterinarian

I have such a cute story to share with you! Today a coworker and I were presenters at Career Day for a local elementary school. We talked to several classes of second graders. All the students were dressed as what they wanted to be when they grew up. There were kids dressed as policemen, nurses, firemen, etc... We even had a few rock stars!

In one of the classes, I notice a little girl dressed like a pirate. She had on a white peasant blouse with long black velvet sleeves. She also was wearing a long black velvet skirt and a large red belt. You could definitely tell she was a pirate. Her outfit looked like a Halloween costume you would buy at Party City.

Curious about her costume, I told her how pretty she looked and asked her what she was dressed like. She told me that she was dressed like a veterinarian. I guess she saw the puzzled look on my face because she proceeded to hold out her arm and pet the velvet sleeve and say "This is soft like a puppy. I'm a veterinarian.".

She was so cute! I had to hold in my laughter! She was also quite creative to make the jump from pirate to veterinarian! However, I do have to admit that if I had to dress up for Career Day I might have worn a princess costume!

13 comments:

jlc said...

Awww I love kids!!

Sassy Engineer said...

How precious! I love kids can be so creative and things that make no logical sense to adults make perfect sense to children :)

d.a.r. said...

Kids are sooooooooooo cute!! Aw I love that!

Melissa said...

Cute story! Kids are so funny!!

Lis said...

Hahahah LOVE it - what a cutie!!

Preppy Pink Crocodile said...

Precious!! Just too cute and funny!

Anonymous said...

Adorable! Don't you just love children and their creative honesty?

Sandra said...

Yay for Miss Pirate!! xoxo

Anonymous said...

That's cute. I miss being a little girl. :) Everything was so simple and happy.

Emily said...

Aww, what a sweet girl! So creative too!

The Watermelon Tree said...

That is the cutest story!! Arrr I wanna be a pirate:):)
I tagged you on my blog!! Can't wait to see your answers:)

Lindsey said...

Aww cute!!

Helga Marie Bee said...

so cute, wish all children were so creative :)