Tuesday, May 12, 2009

True Story Tuesday

When Michael and I purchased our first home, we were very anxious to move in. We began sleeping at our new house before the cable was installed and way before we had moved all of our things in. The only source of entertainment we had was wireless internet (the signal came from a neighbor) and our laptop computer and of course our imagination.

Seeing the wide open space of our living room and being in a silly mood, I began singing a Michael Jackson song and imitating a few of his moves. (This happens more than it really should!) This led to Michael (my husband not Jackson) and I having a full blown conversation about what a great dancer Michael Jackson is--which also led to us looking up YouTube videos of MJ. From the YouTube videos, Michael and I taught ourselves how to moon walk right there in our living room. Not having blinds and having a very nosey/creepy neighbor (click here to learn more about creepy neighbor), I am sure someone got a great show that night! So what happens when there is no horrible television programming available at my house?-we learn to moon walk......and juggle!

11 comments:

Lindsey said...

Too funny! You are so fun!

texaslauren77 said...

That's hilarious...and I bet your neighbors WERE thoroughly entertained!! ;)

Gwen said...

LOL!!! I bet the neighbor had a great time with that!!! You know what...I watch YouTube to learn new club dances before we go out. I hate being the only one "learning" on the dance floor. LOL!!! XOXO

Jules said...

This is such a fun story! I love it. That seriously sounds like something my hubby and I would do if the power was out or something.

Nothing can touch MJ's moves back in the day :)

Unknown said...

great story!! Sound like something Brent and I would do:):)

Swamp Sisters: 77 Day Journey said...

Too funny! I remember my dad moonwalking when Michael's record came out when I was 5! Am i showing my age or what?

Sassy Engineer said...

Haha - those are the best times! Thanks for your sweet comment. I think we finally broke through the tension last night, and things are getting better again. I just got so upset because I was afraid our anniversary would be awful again. Right now we are looking forward to a fun evening :)

Heather @ Simple Wives said...

LOL, that is funny!

Patty Ann said...

i've left something for you on my blog :)

Anonymous said...

You are too cute and funny! LOL BTW...I had to change my web address and when I click on my blog from your page under the category "blogs I love to read" it says "blog not found". So here's my blog address...http://hollymcstaypaul.blogspot.com/. The reason I checked it was because you didn't enter my blog giveaway and it was to The Watermelon Tree!!! Tara said,"WHAT! PINK CHICK didn't enter? OMG!! She must be busy!" LOL
Hope you are having a great week and keep on moonwalking! :D

Natalie at Our Old Southern House said...

too funny!! LOVE IT!
we slept on a blow up mattress here a couple of weekends while we were restoring. no ac, a no shower, no kitchen, etc. ...all we did was sweat and sit outside on the front porch steps and eat pizza. haha!