Friday, May 29, 2009

Officially Old!

I am 30 years old, but I have never felt a day over 23. However, I am beginning to think that I have turned officially old! Here are my clues:
  • The first class of middle schoolers that ever walked into my classroom are graduating from high school on Saturday. This makes me feel old! However, I am honored to be attending the graduation party of one of my former students. She was always my favorite, but don't tell! The others might get jealous!
  • My hair stylist found my first gray hair at my last appointment! We immediately decided to color it blond!
  • I have a corn on my pinky toe. What? My grandma has a corn. I shouldn't have one. I officially freaked out when my mother told me I had a corn on my toe. Calling it a callus makes me feel much better. :)
I guess I can be thankful that things aren't sagging yet, and that my hair has not turned a lovely shade of blue! Ha ha ha!!!!

Have a great weekend! I am off to do a little shopping in preparation for a graduation party on Saturday and Heather's garden party on Saturday! Yippeee!

15 comments:

Lis said...

You're so not old!! But I totally know what you mean!! And I am sure as soon as I find a gray hair - I will be coloring it blonde too!! :)

Have fun shopping and at the parties!!

SouthernBelleJM said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
SouthernBelleJM said...

Psssh, I'll be 30 next year. Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday Dear Jennnnnnnnnnifer, Happy Birthday to you, and many mooooooore. Picture me singing this in my very best Etta James voice. ha! Hope you have a great weekend girly!

Erica said...

So much to look forward to isn't there! Ha! :-)

Jingle said...

LOL! Well, welcome to the land of 30! I hit it in February and have been glancing over my shoulder wondering if it really happened ever since! It's not all bad. You can still act like you are 21 whenever you want...only now...you know not to drink the stuff in the wrong order!

Belle (from Life of a...) said...

Oh honey...I've been old for a LONG time and it isn't so bad. Granted, the first year I taught school I was just 21-22 and most of my students were 16-18 BUT that was in 1983 and now my former students are OLD too!! LOL

Suzanne said...

You are too funny!

My first group of middle schoolers are 26 now...some are married with children!

Miss Jody said...

Stopped by and I love your blog! Very cute! I'm a follower now :)

Anonymous said...

You're not old. 30 is young. You have 70 more years to live, if you stay healthy. You haven't even lived half your life yet, so trust me--your not old! :)

Jules said...

I'll be 31 in July and have felt different since turing 30. I know it's mainly in my head and I am learning to slowly let go of my 20's (they were just so darn fun!).

I teach skating in the winter and had the same exact feeling. I was teaching one of my students since she was in middle school and now she is graduating high school. It seems so strange.

Have fun at the parties this weekend :)

Natalie at Our Old Southern House said...

happy birthday!!
and you're so not old. you don't act a day over 18 to me! :-)

Sassy Engineer said...

You are totally not old! However, I know what you mean when you start thinking about how long ago things happened (like the students graduating). These little babies I baby-sat when they were born are turning 11 years old this month and I can't believe it!

Tasha said...

You're NOT old! I hear you on the grey hair thing though- that's when I decided on blond highlights too! :-)

Anonymous said...

Didnt you know that 30 is the new 20?

Naturally Caffeinated Family said...

you are def not old, haha!! i hope you had a great weekend, sounds like fun!!